Golden Garlic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Portion size: 8
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
Let your guests squeeze the mellow garlic onto their servings of this succulent chicken dish requested by a reader on our "Fare Share" page in the September issue.
- 3 3chicken legchicken legs, (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 3 3chicken breastchicken breasts, (2-1/2 lb.1.25 kg)
- 3 3sweet potatosweet potatoes, (2 lb/1 kg)
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcrumbled dried rosemary, (or 3 tbsp/50 mL minced fresh)
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1 tsp 1tsppepper
- 4 4whole heads garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tsp 1tspextra-virgin olive oil
- 8 8Fresh rosemary sprigFresh rosemary sprigs
Trim chicken and cut into pieces, severing legs at joint and cutting breasts in half, crosswise.
Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. In bowl, combine potatoes, chicken, lemon juice, vegetable oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes in single layer in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Arrange chicken, skin side up, over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Trim tops from garlic heads; brush with olive oil. Nestle, cut side down, into chicken and potatoes. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, basting occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and potatoes are tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Halve garlic heads lengthwise to make 8 portions. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.