Green Mango Salad
- Portion size: 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
Inspired by the popular Thai salad, this green mango salad recipe will wake up your senses.Tangy and full of texture, this cashew-studded salad travels well for pot lucks and makes a great starter or side to just about anything.
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped cashewcashews or peanuts
- 2 2unripe mangomangoes, 2 lb/1 kg total
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped mint
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 4 tsp 4tspgranulated sugar
- 4 tsp 4tspfish sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspAsian chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1cupthinly sliced red onionred onions
In skillet or toaster oven, toast cashews over medium heat until fragrant and golden, about 8 minutes; set aside.
Cut pointy ends off mangoes. Set each mango on cut end. Using serrated knife, cut off peel. Cut flesh on either side of flat pit into thin slices; stack and cut into thin strips.
In bowl, whisk together coriander, mint, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, oil and chili sauce. Add mangoes, red pepper and onion; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.) Sprinkle with cashews.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2004