Grilled Cheese with Arugula and Chorizo
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||53 g|
|sat. fat||26 g|
Enjoy golden, crisp grilled cheese sandwiches that hold a few surprises inside. (From our September issue "Supreme Sandwich" recipe collection.)
- 8 oz 8ozcured chorizo sausagecured chorizo sausages or kielbasa sausages
- 3 tbsp 3tbspbutter, softened
- 8 8slices (1/2 inch/1 cm thick) sourdough bread
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsarugula leafarugula leaves or spinach leaves
- 8 oz 8ozthinly sliced old Cheddar cheese
Thinly slice sausage on the diagonal. In large nonstick skillet, fry sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Wipe out skillet.
Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange 4 slices, butter side down, in skillet; top each with arugula, sausage and cheese. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat, pressing and turning once, until golden, crisp and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2005