Grilled Corn Polenta with Roasted Red Peppers
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Stand: 30 minutes
- Cook time : 38 minutes
- Total time : PT48M
- Portion size: 12
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupcornmeal
- 1 cup 1cupfresh corn kernelfresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgrated parmesan cheese Roasted Red Peppers:
- 3 3sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp 1tspwhite wine vinegar
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 8 8fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Roasted Red Peppers: Broil red peppers, turning often, until charred, 15 minutes. Let cool. Peel off blackened skins. Core, seed and thinly slice; place in small bowl. Sprinkle with oil, vinegar and salt; toss. Stir in basil. Set aside.
In large saucepan, bring 4 cups (1 L) water and salt to boil; reduce heat to low. Gradually whisk in cornmeal; cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
Add corn; cook until tender-crisp and polenta is thick enough to mound on spoon, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Spread in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Let cool until set, about 30 minutes.
Cut polenta into 12 squares. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until marked, about 8 minutes. Serve topped with red peppers.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2010