Grilled Fresh Peach Salsa
This recipe makes 3 cups servings
|Per 1/4 cup (50 mL): about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL)
Peaches grilled on the barbecue have the most intense flavour because the heat caramelizes their natural sugars. Serve with grilled chicken and corn on the cob.
- 1 1large peachpeaches, halved
- 2 2plum tomatoplum tomatoes, halved
- 2 2jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers
- 1/2 1/2sweet red pepper, halved
- 1/2 1/2small red onion, sliced
- 1 1green oniongreen onions
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcider vinegar
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
In large bowl, gently toss together peach, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, red pepper, red and green onions, oil and salt, keeping red onion slices intact.
Remove peach and place, cut side down, on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until lightly browned and caramelized, about 4 minutes. Transfer to cutting board.
Place jalapeño, red pepper and red onion on grill; close lid and grill for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and green onions; grill, covered, until onions are wilted and tomatoes are slightly charred, about 2 minutes.
Chop peach, jalapeño, red pepper, tomatoes and onions; place in large bowl. Add coriander, vinegar and garlic; toss to combine. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2004