Grilled Oysters with Black Bean Sauce
This recipe makes 12 oysters servings
|Per oyster: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12 oysters
A favourite Cantonese dish is oysters steamed with a dollop of garlicky black bean sauce on top, but we think these spicy grilled oysters might even be better!
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced shallotshallots
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchili black bean sauce or black bean and garlic sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspChinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgranulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspchinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh coriander
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 12 12fresh oysterfresh oysters
In small saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat; fry shallots and garlic until softened and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in black bean sauce, wine, sugar and vinegar; simmer for 2 minutes. Let cool. Stir in coriander and green onion.
Shuck oysters, discarding top shell and keeping as much liquid in bottom shell as possible; spoon about 1/2 tsp/2 mL bean sauce onto each. Grill over high heat until juices are bubbling.