Grilled Pink Rhubarb and Bean Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Rhubarb, a true sign of spring, is a popular ingredient for dessert, but here it stars in a salad. Serves this with chicken, roasted duck breast or grilled tuna.
- 3 stalks 3stalkspink rhubarb
- 1 cup 1cupgreen beangreen beans or pole beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 2 cups 2cupsarugula leafarugula leaves Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp 3tbspliquid honey
- 2 tbsp 2tbspblack mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsherry vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1 1shallotshallots, minced
In large bowl, toss together rhubarb stalks, green beans, oil and salt. Place on greased grill or in grill basket over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender-crisp and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Let cool; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Set aside.
Vinaigrette: In large bowl, whisk together honey, mustard seeds, vinegar and shallot. Add rhubarb, green beans and arugula; toss gently to combine.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2003