Grilled Zucchini and Feta Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||21 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
The hot days of summer call for lighter eating, and this zesty combination makes a delicious starter or side salad.
- 4 4zucchinizucchinis, (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 6 6green oniongreen onions, trimmed
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) 1/2tsp (2 ml)each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) 1tsp (5 ml)grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) 1cup (250 ml)minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 1/2cup (125 ml)crumbled feta cheese
Halve zucchini crosswise; cut each piece lengthwise into scant 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. In large bowl, toss zucchini, green onions, 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper.
In another large bowl, whisk together lemon rind and juice and remaining oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Place zucchini on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender-crisp, 5 minutes. Add to dressing. Place green onions on grill; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender, 4 minutes. Let cool slightly. Slice green onions thinly; add to dressing along with parsley. Toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Sprinkle salad with feta cheese.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2005