Honey Apple Snack Mix
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Total time : 20 mins
- Portion size: 8
This recipe makes 8 cups servings
|Per 1/4 cup: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
Combining cereal and snacks makes for a satisfying bite – even for adults.
- 4 cups 4cupswoven wheat square cereal (such as Shreddies)
- 3 3rice cakerice cakes, broken in small pieces
- 1 cup 1cuppretzel stickpretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupeach unsalted peanutunsalted peanuts and pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp 2tbsppacked brown sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp 2-1/2tspgarlic powder
- 1-1/4 tsp 1-1/4tspchili powder
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupunsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp 3tbspbutter
- 2 tbsp 2tbspliquid honey
In bowl, combine cereal, rice cakes, pretzels, peanuts, pecans, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder and salt.
In small saucepan, heat together applesauce, butter and honey over medium-low heat until butter is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir into cereal mixture, tossing to coat. Spread on baking sheet.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven, stirring occasionally, until wheat squares are deep golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.) Makes 8 cups.
Additional information : Tip: Try adding walnuts or almonds, too.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011