Lamb Burgers with Hummus
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1 1small onion, grated
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupminced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 lb 1lblean ground lamb or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuphummus
- 1 cup 1cupalfalfa sprouts
- 1 1focaccia bread, halved horizontally and cut_into quarters
In large bowl, beat egg with 2 tbsp (25 mL) water. Stir in onion, parsley, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; mix in lamb. Shape into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.
Place patties on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), about 18 minutes.
Top each patty with hummus and alfalfa sprouts. Sandwich in focaccia.
More lamb recipes:
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2005