Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes
This recipe makes 18 servings
|Per cupcake: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 18 cupcakes
Cake-and-pastry flour, which is lower in gluten than all-purpose flour, gives these golden cupcakes a fine and tender texture. Sift the flour before measuring.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsgranulated sugar
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspfinely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups 2cupssifted cake-and-pastry flour
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsbuttermilk Lemon Glaze:
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsicing sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspfinely grated lemon rind
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in lemon rind.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of buttermilk. Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups.
Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 16 to 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer to rack. Let cool completely.
Lemon Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together sugar and lemon juice and rind; spread over cupcakes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2007