Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Berry Compote
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
Loaded with blueberries and topped with compote, there's no need to add calorie-laden butter or syrup to these pancakes.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupextra-smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsmilk
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, melted
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated lemon rind
- 1 cup 1cupwild blueberrywild blueberries or cultivated blueberries Berry Compote:
- 1 cup 1cupsliced strawberrystrawberries
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwild blueberrywild blueberries or cultivated blueberries
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupraspberryraspberries
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
Berry Compote: In bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Press ricotta through fine sieve into separate bowl. Whisk in egg, milk, butter and lemon rind. Pour over dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Brush large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter per pancake, pour in batter, spreading to form 5-inch (12 cm) circle.
Cook until bubbles break on top but do not fill in, about 1-1/2 minutes. Turn and cook until bottom is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with berry compote.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2009