Linguine with Walnuts and Arugula
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
Walnuts, like many other nuts, are high in healthy unsaturated fats, which means they can go rancid quickly. To prevent this, store all nuts in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 12 oz 12ozlinguine
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 2cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1cupcoarsely chopped walnutwalnuts
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper flakes
- 6 cups 6cupspacked baby arugula leafbaby arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupshaved romano cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfresh bread crumbs
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic just until beginning to turn golden, about 1 minute.
Stir in walnuts, bread crumbs, salt and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 mintues. Add to pasta along with arugula; toss to coat, adding as much of the reserved cooking liquid as desired. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2010