Beef strips mixed with black bean sauce makes this a savoury, slightly peppery main course. Serve over steamed white rice.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2009
- 12 oz beef flank marinating steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 sweet orange peppers cut into chunks
- 1 white onion cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodSprinkle beef with pepper. In bowl, whisk together broth, black bean sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
In wok or skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add broccoli, peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
Return beef and any accumulated juices to wok. Add black bean mixture; stir-fry until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil.
More black bean recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 409 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 307.0
- Total fat 16 g
- Potassium 739 mg
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 20 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 20.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 21.0
- Vitamin C 193.0