Serve with Oven Fries, Sugar Snap Peas and Pear and Cranberry Sundaes (see recipe link below).
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 white fish fillets 1-1/2 lb (750 g) total
- 4 tilapia fillets 1-1/2 lb (750 g) total
- 4 catfish fillets 1-1/2 lb (750 g) total
- 4 sole fillets 1-1/2 lb (750 g) total
In large shallow dish, whisk flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice; set 1/4 cup (50 mL) aside for serving.
Cut fish into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks; dip into mayonnaise mixture, then flour mixture, turning to coat.
Place on greased rimmed baking sheet; bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Broil until crisp, about 4 minutes. Serve with reserved mayonnaise mixture for dipping.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 549 mg
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 334.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 88 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 19 g
- Iron 9.0
- Folate 13.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 23.0
- Vitamin C 5.0