Mexican food is always a hit at the dinner table. Do you like things a little more on the spicy side? Use medium or hot enchilada sauce instead of the mild and add another jalapeno to the chicken mixture.
- Portion size 6 servings
- 2 cups shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups bottled strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried cumin and coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
MethodIn bowl, mix together Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses; set aside. In separate bowl, stir tomatoes with enchilada sauce; set aside.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in chicken and any juices and one-third of the sauce mixture.
Divide chicken mixture and half of the cheese mixture among tortillas; roll up each.
Spread one-third of the remaining sauce mixture in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange rolls, seam side down, in dish; top with remaining sauce and cheese mixtures. Bake in 350?F (180?C) oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 1539 mg
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 569.0
- Total fat 27 g
- Potassium 606 mg
- Cholesterol 82 mg
- Saturated fat 12 g
- Total carbohydrate 50 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 45.0
- Calcium 39.0
- Vitamin A 34.0
- Vitamin C 75.0