- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2010
- 12 oz linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, slice chicken on bias into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips; sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; cook garlic and chicken until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Stir in broth, scraping up any brown bits; bring to boil and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and capers; add to drained pasta. Add cheese and toss to coat.
More linguine recipes:
- Linguine with Pancetta and Snow Peas
- Lemon Parmesan Linguine
- 20-Minute Chicken Linguine
- Linguine with Walnuts and Arugula
- Linguine with Clams
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 888 mg
- Protein 29 g
- Calories 493.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Potassium 312 mg
- Cholesterol 53 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 68 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 86.0
- Calcium 9.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 12.0