Tender pork rib chops and a lightened-up green bean and potato salad come together for an easy and well-rounded weeknight dish.
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 cups green beans , trimmed
- 365 g mini potatoes (about 24)
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon toasted caraway seeds , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Chive Caper Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped rinsed drained capers
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
In large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook green beans until tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer green beans to bowl of ice water to chill. Drain well; pat dry. Set aside.
In same pot, return water to boil; cook potatoes until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Let cool enough to handle; cut potatoes in half.
Meanwhile, rub pork all over with oil, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. In nonstick skillet, cook over medium heat, flipping once, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Discard bones.
Chive Caper Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, capers, mustard, garlic, chives and honey.
Assembly: In large bowl, toss together green beans, potatoes and Chive Caper Vinaigrette; divide among plates. Top with pork.
Test Kitchen Tip: To crush the caraway seeds, place them on a cutting board and press down using a small skillet.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 853 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 37 g
- Calories 461
- Total fat 24 g
- Potassium 958 mg
- Cholesterol 83 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 25 g
- Iron 20
- Folate 20
- Calcium 8
- Vitamin A 7
- Vitamin C 33