- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007
- 1 pkg (340 g) dried ramen noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion green part only
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (7 gram) package shiitake mushroom
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodDressing: In heatproof measuring cup, soak mushrooms in 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Reserving liquid, remove mushrooms and pat dry; thinly slice. Strain liquid into small bowl; add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool under running water; pat dry.
In small bowl, beat eggs with 1 tsp (5 mL) water; stir in green onion. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture and cook, without stirring, to make thin omelette. Transfer to cutting board; thinly slice.
Divide noodles among plates. Surround with piles of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, eggs and mushrooms. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with 4 small dishes of dressing to pour over top.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 949 mg
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 399.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 93 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 73 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 25.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 10.0