Lean and well-balanced, this simple seafood supper will become a favourite in your weeknight dinner repertoire. Add a side of fluffy Whole Grain Couscous (see recipe link below) to round out the meal.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2008
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 sweet green pepper seeded and cored
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
MethodRatatouille Sauce: Chop eggplant to make 2 cups (500 mL). Chop zucchini and green pepper to make 1 cup (250 mL) each.
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano; cover and simmer until thickened and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, in shallow dish, dredge fillets in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fish, in batches, until crispy and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with ratatouille sauce.
More tilapia recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 414 mg
- Protein 38 g
- Calories 381.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 22 g
- Iron 27.0
- Folate 32.0
- Vitamin A 11.0
- Vitamin C 82.0