- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half, or chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups halved white or cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 2 cups chopped cubanelle or sweet green peppers
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
MethodSlice onion into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide strips; set aside.
Sprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. Drain fat from pan.
Add remaining oil to pan; saut?nion and mushrooms until onion is softened and no liquid remains, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add paprika, dillweed and remaining salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in chicken stock and rice; bring to boil. Return chicken and any juices to pan, stirring to coat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
Stir in peppers; simmer, covered, until chicken is no longer pink inside and peppers are tender, about 4 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
More Paprika Recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 675 mg
- Protein 30 g
- Calories 457.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 98 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 51 g
- Iron 24.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 28.0
- Vitamin C 103.0