- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2010
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough
- 1 can whole tomatoes drained, seeded and chopped (about 1-3/4 cups/425 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 oz mozzarella balls thinly sliced into about 8 pieces
- 6 black olives pitted and halved
- 9 fresh basil leaves
MethodOn lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 12-inch (30 cm) circle; transfer to pizza stone or pan.
Spread tomatoes over dough; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil; arrange cheese and olives over top.
Bake in 475°F (240°C) oven until golden and bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes.
Sprinkle with basil leaves; drizzle with remaining oil.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 918 mg
- Protein 15 g
- Calories 475.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Potassium 321 mg
- Cholesterol 32 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 51 g
- Iron 31.0
- Folate 74.0
- Calcium 23.0
- Vitamin A 9.0
- Vitamin C 23.0