- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009
- 4 (about 1 inch/25 cm thick) bone-in pork loin centre-cut chops
- 3/4 teaspoons each of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs onions about 5
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 lbs peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
MethodSprinkle chops with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chops, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. Drain any fat from pan.
In food processor with slicing blade, cut onions into 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick slices. In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook onions, parsley, sugar and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the remaining salt and pepper, stirring often, until onions are golden, about 20 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
Meanwhile, in food processor, slice potatoes. In 12-cup (3 L) casserole, toss potatoes with thyme and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Pour broth over top. Place pork chops and any juices on potatoes; cover with onions.
Cover and bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until potatoes are tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
More Pork Chop Recipes:
Nutritional facts Pper serving: about
- Sodium 663 mg
- Protein 40 g
- Calories 610.0
- Total fat 24 g
- Potassium 1489 mg
- Cholesterol 108 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 58 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 27.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 3.0
- Vitamin C 37.0