An easy and elegant dish that's on your table in 30 minutes.
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 beef strip loin grilling steaks (about 3/4 inch thick/450 g total)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed sesame seeds
- 5 teaspoons canola oil , divided
- 2 cups green beans , trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar snap peas , trimmed and halved
- 3 green onions , chopped
- pea shoots (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Place sesame seeds on large plate; add steaks, turning to coat and pressing to adhere.
In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp of the canola oil over medium-high heat; cook steaks, turning once, until medium-rare, about 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil. Wipe pan clean. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
Meanwhile, in same pan, cook green beans with 1/4 cup water over medium-high heat, stirring, just until tender and water is evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add edamame, garlic and remaining 3 tsp canola oil; cook until edamame are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
In large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add green bean mixture, snap peas and green onions; toss to coat. Top with pea shoots and drizzle with sesame oil (if using). Serve with steaks.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 6 g
- Sodium 958 mg
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 34 g
- Calories 427
- Total fat 25 g
- Potassium 691 mg
- Cholesterol 57 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 18 g
- Iron 37
- Folate 68
- Calcium 8
- Vitamin A 5
- Vitamin C 53