Crunchy cashews, sweet red peppers and succulent chicken make up this stir-fry that's ready in just 25 minutes.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2011
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut in chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sweet red peppers chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste or sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 3 green onions chopped
MethodWhisk together chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch and vinegar; set aside.
In wok, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken, salt and pepper until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry red peppers, onions and chili paste for 3 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to wok; stir-fry until no longer pink inside, about 1 minute.
Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cashews and green onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
More spicy chicken recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 675 mg
- Protein 30 g
- Calories 352.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Potassium 643 mg
- Cholesterol 66 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 22 g
- Iron 15.0
- Folate 15.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 23.0
- Vitamin C 168.0