You can use any type of sausage for these sweet glazed kabobs – also try honey garlic or hot Italian. Using metal skewers saves you the 30 minutes it would take to soak bamboo skewers.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2011
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage cut in 24 pieces
- 2 Cubanelle peppers seeded and cut in 32 pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper seeded and cut in 32 pieces
- 1 red onion cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
MethodOnto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pieces of sausage, Cubanelle peppers, red pepper and onion.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper and oregano; brush half over skewers.
Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once and brushing with remaining oil mixture, until sausages are no longer pink in centre, 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 863 mg
- Protein 18 g
- Calories 335.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Potassium 354 mg
- Cholesterol 48 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 15 g
- Iron 13.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 12.0
- Vitamin C 110.0