Warm and comforting, this colourful, ginger-scented, sweet and spicy chicken is best served with a bowl of plain steamed rice accompanied by stir-fried broccoli or bok choy.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2011
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh cut in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 sweet green pepper cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai-style sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
MethodSprinkle chicken with salt. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry chicken until starting to brown and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 6 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion, red and green peppers and jalapeño pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes, adding about 4 tbsp water by the tablespoon to prevent sticking to pan.
Mix chili sauce with vinegar; add to pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until reduced and vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve sprinkled with green onions.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 355 mg
- Protein 23 g
- Calories 227.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Potassium 378 mg
- Cholesterol 94 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 9.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 87.0