Marinated Vegetable Salad
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 8
This colourful chunky salad tastes best when made a day ahead to allow the flavours to really penetrate the vegetables.
- 2 cups 2cupschopped carrotcarrots
- 3 cups 3cupscauliflower floretcauliflower florets
- 2 cups 2cupstrimmed green beangreen beans
- 1 1zucchinizucchinis, sliced
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1shallotshallots, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspDijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchgranulated sugar
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra-virgin olive oil
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook carrots until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of ice water; let cool completely. With slotted spoon, transfer to large shallow dish.
Repeat with cauliflower, cooking for about 3 minutes. Repeat with green beans, cooking for about 3 minutes. Repeat with zucchini and red pepper, cooking for about 1 minute.
In bowl, combine garlic, shallot, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and sugar; whisk in oil in slow steady stream until emulsified. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.) To serve, let stand for about 1 hour or until at room temperature.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2007