Masala Snack Mix
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per 1 tbsp 15 mL:||-|
|total fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL)
Include these savoury bites to boost PMS-fighting nutrients while satisfying salty snack attacks. Look for roasted soybeans and sesame sticks in the grocery store's bulk aisle or local bulk food store.
- 1 can 1canchickpeachickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupsesame sticksesame sticks
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted roasted cashewunsalted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted roasted soybeans
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppumpkin seedpumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspmild curry paste
- 2 tsp 2tsplime juice
- 1 tsp 1tspgaram masala
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
On foil-lined baking sheet, toast chickpeas in 400°F (200°C) oven, stirring once, until golden and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Let cool on sheet on rack for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine sesame sticks, cashews, soybeans and pumpkin seeds. Add chickpeas; toss.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, curry paste, lime juice, garam masala and salt ; add to chickpea mixture and toss to combine. Roast on same baking sheet in 350°F (180°C) oven until fragrant and golden, about 12 minutes. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2009