Let your guests know attire is casual – as casual as it gets!
• Have them come in loose fitting and comfy yoga or lounge wear.
• If it is an intimate group, have them bring their bath robes to change into when they get to you home.
• Use our handy downloadable spa party invites to let your friends know what they are in for. Click here to download pretty spa party invites you can print yourself!
Set the mood:
The goal is to have a serene atmosphere and engage all of the senses for an optimal spa experience. Dress your room with sights, sounds and smells.
• Candles are a must for relaxation
• Light incense or use a little essential oil on a light bulb
• Download some relaxing new age spa music from the net to get the feeling of an authentic spa experience.
• Buy inexpensive flip-flops at the dollar store for your guests to slip into as they arrive - they will be helpful as toenails dry!
• Have piles of magazines for perusing between "treatments."
Keep the menu light and have lots of cleansing beverages.
• Have pitchers of water with slices of orange, lemon and lime; serve in wine glasses to make your guests feel pampered
• Set out the kettle and tea cups; have a selection of herbal teas with honey and lemon ready for self service
• Flutes of sparkling wine for those who want to imbibe is definitely the spa drink of choice!
• Our spa menu is light and healthy but packed with flavour for your spa lunch, dinner or brunch
• Steamed edamame beans make great healthy noshing food; don't forget the extra bowls for the empty pods!
Gifts for guests
Extend the relaxing experience you've given your friends. Make your own bath salts for an easy and inexpensive gift. Epsom salts are easily found at any drug store. For every one cup Epsom salt and one cup baking soda add 3-4 drops food coloring and 7 - 10 drops essential oil and combine very well:
• Use lavender for calming, relaxation and relief of stress and fatigue
• Use rosemary to promote clarity and concentration
• Use bergamot to relieve anxiety, promote balance and calmness
Package in small cellophane bags found at dollar stores or party packaging stores and tie with ribbons and a gift tag with instructions.
Want to create the whole spa experience for your girlfriends in your living room? Click to read our companion article - The homemade spa
Page 1 of 1