Mixed Greens with Chipotle Chicken
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Stand: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 8 minutes
- Total time : PT18M
- Portion size: 4 to 6
The raspberry-flavoured vinaigrette suits this salad best.
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspchipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 5 cups 5cupschopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups 3cupspacked frisée lettuce
- 2 cups 2cupschopped radicchio lettuce
- Basic Berry Vinaigrette recipe
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcrumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuptoasted pumpkin seedpumpkin seeds
With knife held horizontally, cut chicken breasts in half to make 4 pieces; place in shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with chipotle chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; cut crosswise into strips.
In large bowl, toss together romaine and frisee lettuces, radicchio and vinaigrette. Sprinkle with feta, pumpkin seeds and chicken; toss to combine.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2010