Mixed Pepper Rajas
This recipe makes 3 cups servings
|Rer 1/4 cup (50 mL) : about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL)
Rajas, which means slice in Spanish, is a traditional Mexican mixture of sauteed peppers and onions.
- 2 2oniononions
- 1 1each sweet red peppersweet red peppers and yellow pepper
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, or Cubanelle
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspeach salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tsplime or lemon juice
Thinly slice onions, red and yellow peppers and Cubanelle pepper.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onions, peppers, salt and pepper, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat.)
Source : Holiday Celebrations: 2007