- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
Portobellos, the "steak" of mushrooms, are meaty enough to satisfy vegetarians and nonvegetarians alike. The mushrooms also make a great side dish.
- 4 large 4largeportobello mushrooms, (2 lb/1 kg) Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupketchup
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced red onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupDijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1tbsppacked brown sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcider vinegar
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Remove stems from mushrooms and save for another use.
Barbecue Sauce: In large bowl, whisk together ketchup, onion, mustard, sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Add mushrooms; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Place mushrooms on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, brushing with remaining sauce and turning once, until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2003