Oatmeal Banana Quick Bread
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Pper slice: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12 slices
Bananas help reduce the amount of fat needed both to make this loaf and keep it moist. Let bananas ripen fully, even to the brown-skin stage, for ultimate flavour.
- 1 cup 1cupquick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupall-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppacked brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspcinnamon
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking powder
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking soda
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsmashed bananabananas, about 3
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupvegetable oil
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupdried cherries or raisins Topping
- 2 tbsp 2tbspquick-cooking rolled oats
In large bowl, whisk together rolled oats, all-purpose and whole wheat flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
In separate bowl, whisk together egg, bananas, oil and vanilla; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with cherries; stir just until moistened. Scrape into parchment paper-lined 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan; smooth top.
Topping: Sprinkle with rolled oats. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003