Oka Mushroom Cheese Potato Gratin
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 1-1/4 hours
- Portion size: 8 to 10
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per each of 10 servings: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
If you don't have fresh sage on hand, substitute 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried sage or thyme.
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter
- 2 2oniononions, finely chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspwhite pepper
- 3 lb 3lbrusset potatorusset potatoes or baking potatoes
- 7 oz 7ozchilled Oka with Mushrooms cheeseOka with Mushrooms cheese
In skillet over medium heat, melt butter; fry onions, garlic, sage, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 10 minutes.
Using mandoline or sharp knife, peel and thinly slice potatoes.
Generously butter bottom of 8-cup (2 L) gratin dish. Layer one-quarter of the potatoes on bottom; sprinkle with one-quarter of the onion mixture. Repeat layers 3 times. Cover with foil.
Bake in bottom third of 350°F (180°C) oven until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cut rind off cheese; slice. Remove foil; cover potato mixture with cheese. Bake in top third of 450°F (230°C) oven until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2011