Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
This quick sandwich is wonderful with deli smoked turkey, as well as a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2large oniononions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 4 4thick slices country-style white bread, toasted
- 6 oz 6ozshaved smoked turkey
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley Cranberry Mayonnaise:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuplight mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced dried cranberrydried cranberries
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfrozen cranberry juice concentrate or cranberry sauce
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onions, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; fry, stirring, until tender and caramelized, 25 minutes.
Cranberry Mayonnaise: In bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cranberries and cranberry cocktail concentrate; spread over toast. Top with caramelized onions and turkey. Sprinkle with parsley.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2005