Pasta with Mushroom Bolognese
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 4 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1carrotcarrots, diced
- 1 1celery stalkcelery stalks, diced
- 8 cups (1-1/2 lbs/750 g) 8cups (1-1/2 lbs/750 g)finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup 1cupvegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchnutmeg
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptomato paste
- 12 oz 12ozbucatini pasta or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgrated Parmesan cheese
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, carrot, celery and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until no liquid remains.
Add stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg and bay leaf; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil. Reduce heat and summer for about 20 minutes or until thick enough to mound on spoon. Discard bay leaf. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours; reheat to continue.)
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm; drain well and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.