Peanut Butter Granola Bars
This recipe makes 16 servings
- Portion size: 16 bars
Granola bars make a great snack at any time. You can wrap and freeze them separately for up to one month to pop into lunches in the morning.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcorn syrup
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupliquid honey
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupnatural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2 cups 2cupslarge-flake rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupshulled unsalted sunflower seedsunflower seeds
- 1 cup 1cuprice crisp cereal
- 1 cup 1cupraisinraisins or dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped peanutpeanuts
In saucepan, bring corn syrup, honey, peanut butter and oil; heat over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine rolled oats, sunflower seeds, cereal, raisins and peanuts. Pour syrup over top and stir to coat evenly. Pack into prepared pan, pressing firmly with back of spoon or greased spatula.
Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool on rack. Cut into bars.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2005