Peanut Chicken and Cauliflower Curry Stir-Fry for Two
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||26 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 2
Serve with: Basmati Rice
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, sliced
- 1 1carrotcarrots, sliced
- 3 3clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced gingerroot
- 1 tbsp 1tbspmild Indian curry paste or Thai curry paste
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscauliflower floretcauliflower florets
- 1 cup 1cupchopped green beangreen beans
- 1/2 1/2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup 1cupchicken stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsmooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped peanutpeanuts
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfresh coriander
Cut chicken into thin strips. In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes. Remove to plate.
Add onion, carrot, garlic and ginger to pan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add curry paste; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add cauliflower, beans and red pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
Return chicken to pan. Stir in stock, peanut butter and salt ; cover and cook until cauliflower and beans are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander.
Additional information :
Substitution: Use 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 pork tenderloin or 2 boneless pork chops instead of the chicken breasts.
Tips: Vary the vegetables and try yellow pepper and broccoli florets instead of the red pepper and cauliflower.