Pepper-Braised Chicken Thighs
Pepper-Braised Chicken Thigh
Photography by Jim Norton
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 35 minutes
- Total time : PT45M
- Portion size: 4 to 6
- 12 12boneless skinless chicken thighboneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 2sweet green peppersweet green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp 1tspsmoked paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper. In large shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches. Transfer to plate.
Add onion, garlic and green peppers to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in paprika, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup (50 mL) water and balsamic vinegar; cook, scraping up brown bits, until almost no liquid remains.
Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, spooning sauce over top; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 25 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken and peppers to serving plate; keep warm. Stir parsley into sauce and bring to boil; cook until thickened. Spoon over chicken.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010