Perfect Processor Pie Pastry
- Portion size: 2 single-crust or 1 double-crust 9- or 10-inch (23 or 25 cm) pies
This recipe makes 2 single-crust or 1 double-crust 9- or 10-inch (23 or 25 cm) pies servings
- 3 cups 3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcold lard, cubed
- 1 1eggeggs
- 2 tsp 2tspvinegar or lemon juice
- Ice water
1. In food processor fitted with metal blade, blend flour with salt. Using on/off motion, cut in butter and lard until mixture resembles fine crumbs with a few larger pieces.
2. In liquid measure, beat egg until foamy; add vinegar and enough ice water to make 2/3 cup (150 mL). With motor running, add egg mixture all at once; process just until dough starts to clump together. Do not let it form ball. Remove and press together into 2 discs.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until chilled. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Let cold pastry stand for 15 minutes at room temperature before rolling out.)