Philly Cheese Melts
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 1 lb 1lbbeef stir-fry strips
- 1 1oniononions, sliced
- 1/2 1/2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup 1cupsliced mushroommushrooms
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight sour cream
- 4 small 4smallpanini bunpanini buns
- 1 cup 1cupshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh parsley
In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
Add onion to pan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until beginning to colour. Add red pepper, mushrooms, thyme and salt ; cook, stirring often, until no liquid remains. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and beef.
Meanwhile, cut buns in half and place, cut side up, on baking sheet; broil until toasted. Top bottom halves with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sandwich with tops of buns.
Additional information :
Tip: Create different flavours just by changing the cheese. Instead of the mild mozzarella, try bolder Gruy?, Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Gouda, either alone or in any combination.