Pickled Onions and Jalapenos
This recipe makes 2 cups servings
|Per 1 tbsp (15 mL) : about||-|
|total fat||0 g|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Portion size: 2 cups (500 mL)
For less heat, seed the jalapenos before adding to the onions.
- 1 large 1largered onion, thinly sliced
- 2 2jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuprice vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
Place onion and jalapenos in heatproof bowl.
In small saucepan, bring vinegar, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, sugar, lime juice and salt to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved.
Pour over onion mixture; let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 10 days.) Drain before serving.
Source : Holiday Celebrations: 2007