Pork Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 8 8pork loin centre choppork loin centre chops, boneless fast fry (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbsprinsed drained capercapers
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
Between sheets of plastic wrap, pound pork to scant 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. One piece at a time, shake pork in flour mixture to coat.
In skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; fry pork, turning once, in 2 batches and adding more oil as necessary, until golden and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
Add remaining oil to pan; fry garlic and capers over medium heat for 1 minute. Add stock and lemon juice; boil for 1 minute. Serve with pork.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2006