Quinoa and Chickpea Salad With Tomato Vinaigrette
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||22 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 4
Keep uncooked quinoa fresh by refrigerating it in an airtight container for up to six months. You can refrigerate cooked quinoa for up to three days.
- 1 cup 1cupquinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups 2cupsgreen beangreen beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) 1can (540 mL)chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 1 cup 1cupcrumbled feta cheese Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupbottled strained tomatoes, (passata)
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspolive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspliquid honey
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried Italian herb
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchcayenne pepper
In saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch green beans until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in bowl of ice water. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
Stir in cooled quinoa, chickpeas, red pepper and feta cheese.
Tomato Vinaigrette: Whisk together tomatoes, vinegar, oil, honey, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; pour over quinoa mixture and stir to coat.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011