- Portion size 23 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2010
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1/3 cup cold lard cubed
- 1/3 cup cold water (approx)
MethodIn bowl, whisk flour with salt and sugar. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter and lard until in coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces.
Drizzle with water, tossing with fork until ragged dough forms and adding up to 1 tbsp (15 mL) more water if necessary.
Divide in half; shape into discs. Wrap each and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.