2002 Canada Day Chicken Challenge Runner Up
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2/3 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 8 slices sour dough bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup sliced English cucumber with skin
- 1/4 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
In bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, chili powder, salt and turmeric. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Discarding marinade, place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, for 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Toast bread. Stir mayonnaise with mustard; spread over 4 of the slices of toast. Spread chutney over remaining toast. Sandwich chicken, onion, cucumber, green pepper and coriander in toast.