- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (with skin)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
Make several shallow diagonal slashes in skinless side of salmon. Place, skin side up, in shallow glass dish.
Whisk together oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, gingerroot, garlic, pepper and cayenne; pour over salmon. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Discarding marinade, place fillet, skin side down in roasting pan. Roast for calculated time: 10 minutes per inch or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.