- Portion size 4 servings
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 oz Light feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced black olive
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Sundried Tomato Pesto:
- 1/3 cup chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon toasted pine nut
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To make salad:
In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Add barley. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 40 minuntes or until barley is just tender. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
To make pesto:
In a small food processor, process sundried tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, toasted pine nuts and garlic until finely chopped. With machine running, add stock and olive oil through the feed tube, processing until smooth.
Stir pesto and remaining salad ingredients into cooled barley.