An easy recipe for a healthy and delicious favourite.
- Portion size 12 servings
- Credits : kerrigwen
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots lightly packed
- 3/4 cups vegetabIe oil
- 1 batch Cream Cheese Frosting recipe
- 1/2 cup pecan toasted and finely chopped
Method1. Beat eggs and let stand. Meanwhile, grease and flour two 9x1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. In another mixing bowl combine eggs, carrots, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. With a spoon, stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
4. Bake in a 350 degree (F) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for about ten minutes in pans; then remove from pans to cool more thoroughly.
5. Frost tops and sides with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans over frosting. Store cake in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!